Bohol is one of the loveliest islands in southern Philippines. It is situated at the heart of Visayas and with coastline skimmed by gentle coves and white-sand beaches. Many highways snake along sparkling beaches or leafy rivers where one can stop at any point and jump in. With its rolling hills and plateaus, crystal springs and beaches, the province of Bohol is a picturesque province replete with ancestral homes and centuries-old churches.
Alliance Global Group Inc., the holding company of businessman Andrew Tan, will build a new luxury hotel within the group’s 25-hectare Newport City just across the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 in Pasay City.
Batangas Hotels and Resorts
Anilao, a resort village in Mabini, Batangas is considered the summer mecca of diving fanatics. The resort offers accommodations and diving facilities, plus the services of training clubs that provide courses on diving.
A few hours south of Manila, is one of the most famous provinces in Luzon, Batangas. Known for its Kapeng Barako and the famous Balisong or fan knife, Batangas also boasts of its share of tourist attractions, beaches and historical locations.
A recent visit to Batangas province has been a rewarding experience for our small group of trekkers looking for a unique weekend just outside Metro Manila. The Philippine Insurers and Reinsurers Association (PIRA) made the trip possible.
The group headed south, about 80 kilometers from Manila, via the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR) Tollway until we reached the idyllic lakeshore town of Talisay, where flowers bloom all around.
"We expect another 40 percent growth in arrivals this year," Briones said, citing the increased capacity of the accommodation
Tourists looking for a great beach destination need not take the trouble of going to the airport to fly out of Metro Manila. They are in for a treat at the Laiya-Aplaya in San Juan, Batangas, which can be reached by land transport. Laiya-Aplaya has a six-kilometer beach embraced by Sigayan Bay on the southeastern side of Batangas.
While the white sand on Laiya is not as fine as in Boracay or Panglao, Laiya has fine pebbles and shells that mix with the sand of Sigayan Bay that provide that shining white color. Laiya-Aplaya can be reached from Metro Manila in just three to four hours by car.
Disclaimer: EnjoyPhilippines.com is not responsible for content on external websites. All content appearing on our internal pages are for information purposes only. While EnjoyPhilippines.com believes that these information are accurate, it does not offer any assurance or warranty of any kind. For more comprehensive information, visitors are encouraged to visit the official website of the Department of Tourism.
View Larger Map Disclaimer: EnjoyPhilippines.com is not responsible for content on external websites. All content appearing on our internal pages are for information purposes only. While EnjoyPhilippines.com believes that these information are accurate, it...
Tourist receipts in Puerto Princesa City in Palawan are projected to reach the PhP9.8 billion mark, with the global recognition of the Puerto Princesa Underground River (PPUR) as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
Ms. Rebecca V. Labit, the concurrent assistant city administrator and head of the city tourism office, said the projected increase in tourist receipts was based on the computation of touristsÔÇÖ spending per day of stay in the city, currently pegged at PhP5,000 per day per tourist.
The Puerto Princesa City Tourism Office expects visitors to reach 1.2 million by 2016, more than double the number of visitors at 500,146 in 2011.
About 80 percent of the tourists that visit this city are local tourists, while the remaining 20 percent are foreigners, mostly Americans, Koreans and Japanese. The cityÔÇÖs more than 100 accredited hotels, pension houses, and inns can accommodate as much as 4,000 tourists at any given time.
Meanwhile, Philippines AirAsia will soon launch flights to Puerto Princesa, Palawan from its hub in Clark International Airport. ÔÇ£We have decided to open the Puerto Princesa route earlier than we had planned because of the overwhelming demand. Its new found fame as one of the new seven wonders of nature has generated a lot of interest from both local and international tourists,” said AirAsia Inc. CEO Maan Hontiveros.