How Many People Visit Enchanted Kingdom?

Some 1.7 million people visited Enchanted Kingdom (EK), the country’s largest theme park, in 2013.  Enchanted Kingdom Chairman and President Mario Mamon said the number of visitors dropped to 1.7 million last year.  "In the second half of 2013, the foot traffic was not good because of the bad weather conditions and the Typhoon Yolanda. Most of our group bookings last December were cancelled," he said.

For this year, the operator of the country’s biggest theme park is aiming for two million visitors.  "I think it is achievable. The start of the year is very promising.  So far we are on track to hit the two million target," he said.

Locals comprise 90 percent of visitors, with the remaining 10 percent mostly Koreans and Chinese.

Mr. Mamon said the company will double the size of the theme park from its existing 15 hectares to accommodate hotels, new attractions, convention facilities and water parks.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *