Philippines Surpasses 3 Million International Visitor Arrivals, Achieving Remarkable Tourism Revenue Growth

The Department of Tourism (DOT) proudly announces that the Philippines has surpassed the 3 million international visitor arrivals mark as of July 19, 2023. According to the latest data from the DOT, a total of 3,000,079 international visitors arrived in the country from January 1 to July 19, 2023.

In addition to the milestone in visitor arrivals, the country’s inbound tourism receipts from January 1 to June 30, 2023, have seen a remarkable increase, reaching P212,467,522,100.14. This figure represents a staggering 502.02 percent surge compared to the P35,292,495,457.14 tourism revenue generated during the same period last year.

Tourism Secretary Christina Garcia Frasco expressed her delight, saying, “We are glad to report that in roughly seven months, we have already achieved the 3 million international visitor arrivals mark, reflecting continued robust recovery and the gains of the Marcos Administration towards the resurgence of Philippine tourism.”

Frasco emphasized the vital role of tourism in providing employment and livelihood to millions of Filipinos. She extended gratitude for the renewed global interest in the Philippines, which boasts a diverse array of attractions across its islands. Frasco also acknowledged the support of domestic travelers, noting, “We thank as well our fellow Filipinos who continue to travel domestically, supporting our local communities and families who are all part of the tourism value chain.”

Breaking down the figures, 91.36 percent (2,740,802) of the international visitors are foreign tourists, while the remaining 8.64 percent (259,277) are overseas Filipinos.

The top source markets for international arrivals are as follows:

  1. South Korea: 741,658 (24.72 percent)
  2. United States of America (USA): 550,569 (18.35 percent)
  3. Australia: 146,062 (4.87 percent)
  4. Japan: 143,227 (4.77 percent)
  5. Canada: 132,018 (4.40 percent)

Other significant contributors include China (129,077), Taiwan (104,211), United Kingdom (85,847), Singapore (81,656), and Malaysia (54,411).

The remarkable surge in international arrivals and tourism revenue showcases the Philippines as a premier destination, reinforcing its appeal to a global audience.

You may also like...